Thursday, October 23, 2008

Voortrekker Monument


I did the weather chart.
We went to the Voortekker Monument. My brother and his friend went with Teacher Miekie and me. We looked at the frieze that tells the story of the Voortrekkers. I liked the panel of Dingane best. We climbed up the stairs. We saw the museum. Their Bibles were very big. Their dresses were very long. They had to bake bread in anthills. They had to make their own candles, biltong, bullets, riempies (narrow strips of leather) and soap.
When we came back my brother and his friend went to his friend’s house. We fetched Kaolin on our way back.

Piet Retief in sworn in as Voortrekker leader.
Piet Retief killed by Dingane

View of Pretoria

The Circle of wagons around the Monument

Shaen and his friend

I climbing the last stairs to the top. (We climbed 370 stairs all in all.)

Looking down from the top

In front of Kaolin's school.

No comments: